Traveling with the Stars: Jenna Ushkowitz

Jenna Ushkowitz plays Tina Cohen-Chang on the Fox hit Glee, which recently won a Golden Globe award for best musical or comedy TV series as well as a Screen Actors Guild award for outstanding performance by an ensemble in a comedy series. In show business since age 3, the actress/singer shares her travel highlights and tips with USA TODAY.

Q: What's the first thing you do when you walk into a hotel room after checking in?
A: I go into the bathroom to see what kind of bath products they have. That's why I love staying at W Hotels, because they have Bliss toiletries. It's so hard traveling with liquids.

Q: Where have you been recently?
A: I was in Barcelona on vacation in September, and I loved the energy. I went to Melbourne and Sydney (when the Glee cast toured Australia). Melbourne reminded me of New York. Everybody was beautiful, and the food was amazing. When I went to Sydney, it felt a little more like L.A., and kind of touristy. We did the Harbour Bridge climb, and it was the scariest thing I've ever done. I don't love heights. Our bridge climb leader kept telling us about the history, so I was able to keep my mind off how high off the ground I was. We went to the zoo and petted the koalas. And just being able to see the Opera House — it was visually stimulating.

Q: What's the sexiest place you've ever visited?
A: Melbourne. Not only is everyone beautiful and sexy, but the urban artsy vibe is so chill. It's not about what designer everyone is wearing or where the coolest places are. They have a real appreciation for art and creativity; they seem to really know who they are and own their individuality. I think that is just plain sexy.

Q: What's the most surprising/unexpected place you're ever visited?
A: Coming from Long Island, I never really saw the beauty in the Hamptons. It was so close to home, I never realized how nice a weekend there could make me feel. … The town is quaint, and I've fallen in love with The Golden Pear Cafe. (And) to sit by a fire pit looking at the waves crashing under the stars with a blanket and the quiet, it is such a great spot to relax.

Summer night clubs like The Star Room were so beachy and fun, and being able to lie on the Sag Harbor beach in the sun and barbeque or sit by a pool is perfection. The summer beach house rentals are reasonable when renting with a group of friends, and being in a house rather than a hotel room is right up my alley.

Q: What's your favorite vacation spot?
A: Atlantis (in the Bahamas); otherwise London. I'm a huge New Yorker, so I love anything that feels like that kind of vibe and energy. I love the people, the art and the architecture of London.

Q: Can you offer an insider tip or recommendation?
A: Camden Market in London. It's like a flea market that is chaos, with the street players performing. It's definitely an experience.

source

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Thanks for watching!

credits: tumblr
 
GLEE Fans © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top