'Glee' Guest Star Darren Criss Not Yet A Series Regular

'It's never really been officially confirmed to me,' Criss says of his rumored promotion.
Darren Criss has been hitting all the right notes with "Glee" fans. A week after his November 9 debut on the Fox musical series, Criss' rendition of Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" is a top-selling song on iTunes and the first "Glee" single to become a Billboard #1 single.

Not surprisingly, the Internet's been buzzing with rumors that Criss is being bumped from a recurring role to a series regular on "Glee." But if that's the case, it's news to the actor.


"The weird thing about that is, I hear it from all these different blogs and interviews. ... It's never really been officially confirmed to me," Criss told MTV News. "I think the option is there and that they want to keep Blaine around."

Promotion speculation began swirling a day after Criss' "Glee" debut as an openly gay glee club member from rival Dalton Academy (and potential love interest for Chris Colfer's character Kurt). Deadline broke the news that Criss was in talks to become a series regular — a status that would take effect during the show's already green-lit third season. Creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy seemed to confirm as much in an interview with AfterElton.

"Darren has become such a sensation in one week, which I love," Murphy told the website. "I think there's a hunger for him and a positive relationship role model. He'll definitely continue through the year and longer. We just signed a deal with him, so I don't know."

Criss, who originally auditioned for the role of footballer heartthrob Finn Hudson (played by Cory Monteith), said that regardless of a potential promotion, he feels blessed to be a part of the hit series. "As of now, I'm just a guest star. And I'm even happy with that," he said. "I'd be happy to be a regular, and I'd be happy to stick around as long as they let me."
source

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Thanks for watching!

credits: tumblr
 
GLEE Fans © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top