Lea Michele: The theatre business is tough

Lea Michele says the worst part of being famous is having friends question her about it.

The actress is best known for playing straight-laced Rachel Berry in American show Glee, about a group of high school misfits who bond over their shared love of singing. The 24-year-old started work when she was just a child, appearing in a number of Broadway productions such as Les Misérables and Spring Awakening.

Although Lea is very proud of her achievements, she admits they made being at school hard. The star made a documentary about her life when she was just 12, in which she discussed how her classmates treated her.

“The whole situation as to how my friends treat me has been so difficult. In sixth grade I tried going to a regular school, which was very difficult, because some days I'd come late and they'd say, 'Why are you late?' And I would say, 'Well, because I'm tired, I have a show to do,'" she explains in an excerpt. "And then I had friends who were like 'Wow, you're on Broadway,' and I hate to be treated that way. That has been the worst part of being in the theatrical business."

Even at such a young age, Lea didn’t understand why people quizzed her dedication to her craft. She found it amazing when some pondered whether she was growing up too fast, insisting she wouldn’t have liked her life any other way.

“Lots of people say, 'When do you have time to be a real kid?'" she says. "And I really still am a real kid.”

source: musicrooms.net

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Thanks for watching!

credits: tumblr
 
GLEE Fans © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top