Lea Michele on Super Bowl episode, music career: 'Album is something I'd like to do in the future'

Lea Michele knows many Gleeks are waiting for a solo album from her, but she says it won't happen anytime soon.

"I'm so focused on the show right now," Michele tells Zap2it. "A film is definitely something I'd like to do with any spare time I have, but I'm beyond satisfied being in the recording studio for 'Glee' and getting to work with our music producer, Adam Anders. That itch is being scratched at this point."

The Broadway veteran now known to millions as high-school vocal powerhouse Rachel Berry on FOX's Tuesday hit "Glee" remains immersed in the series, including the post-Super Bowl episode that's now being filmed to air Sunday, Feb. 6. Expect to see her team with castmate Mark Salling ("Puck") on Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" during the highly anticipated show.

Salling has released an album ("Pipe Dreams"), and one is forthcoming from co-star Matthew Morrison. Even without an album of her own, Michele still has two nominations going into next month's Grammy Awards along with the rest of the "Glee" cast, thanks to the show's soundtracks.

Though she continues to perform a vast range of music on the series, Michele reflects that "actually has been more confusing than helpful" when it comes to deciding on her own eventual album release.

"I think the reason I haven't made an album yet is that I have never really known what kind I want to make," Michele explains. "Do I want to make a pop album? Do I want to make a Broadway album?"

So any other professional music yearnings Michele might have are on hold for the time being, and she claims that's fine with her.

"The fact that I get to do all these kinds of things on this show is incredibly satisfying," Michele stresses, "but an album is definitely something I'd like to do in the future, when I have the time. An album is a lot of work. You need to write your own songs, and you need to be in the recording studio. With' Glee' being my main focus right now, I don't see that happening for a little while."

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Thanks for watching!

credits: tumblr
 
GLEE Fans © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top