'Glee': A Q&A with Charice


When Sunshine (played by popstar Charice) arrived in Glee during the second season premiere, it was all very exciting. She had a great rivalry with Rachel (who could forget their amazing 'Telephone' sing-off?) and it was great to see a new character in the show. So it was a bit disappointing when she left for Vocal Adrenaline and we never saw her again. Well, be disappointed no longer - Sunshine's coming back! She returns to the show in tonight's episode 'Night Of Neglect', and to celebrate Charice chatted to reporters about appearing in the series...

How does it make you feel to know that fans have missed you on Glee? Why were you off for so long?
"I don't think there's a reason! Now I'm back and I'm very happy about it and actually I've been reading a lot of comments on my Twitter - I'm really happy to see the tweets. I know [the fans are] very excited, and I think it's one of the reasons. [Executive producer] Ryan [Murphy] and everybody made the fans wait, but in a good way - they're now very excited."

You're performing 'All By Myself' in the episode - how does that feel?
"It feels great - I'm very excited to see it. I feel really blessed to be part of this show, so when they gave me the song I was really happy because I've been singing that song forever and I love Celine Dion. I'm very excited for you guys to see it."

Charice returns to help the glee club, but does she have another agenda?
"That's funny, because even me I don't know! But I think that's why I'm very excited as well because I don't know what's going to happen next after this. I'm very excited to know what's going to happen to my character - is she going to turn into a spy or is she really going to help glee club? It's been a very interesting story so I can't wait."

Your first appearance brought out a nasty side of Rachel - how will their relationship differ this time?
"I'm not sure if there's any difference in this episode! My character's going to try to help the glee club but Rachel's not going to like the idea. So I think it's still going to be the same Rachel Berry, but I'm looking forward to what's going to happen next."

What's it like working with Lea Michele?
"Lea Michele is a very sweet girl, and of course the first time I was really scared to meet everybody, not only her. But when I was on the set she was like, 'Hey Charice, I'm glad you're here', and when I came back to do this episode, she was like, 'We missed you so much' and she asked me to take a picture with her. She's a really sweet girl."

Will we be seeing another diva-off?
"Well, my character Sunshine's looking forward to having another showdown with Rachel Berry, but I don't know! I have no idea what's going to happen next after this episode, so I think we should just watch out for it."

Are there any songs you'd love to perform on Glee?
"It's been fun that I've covered Beyoncé songs and stuff but if they're going to give me a chance I would love to sing my own song, especially the song that is actually [out now] - it's called 'Before It Explodes' and it's written by Bruno Mars. It's a heartbreaking song but it's a great, powerful song and if they gave me a chance I would love to sing that song."

Do you want to perform any more duets on Glee?
"For now I don't know what they are planning or if there's another duet between Sunshine and Rachel, but if they're going to ask me to choose one I think I would love to have a duet with Mercedes. I think she's an amazing singer and I love the way she sings. I think the greatest song she did was 'And I'm Tellin' You'. I'd love to perform with her."

There have been reports that Glee will cover Rebecca Black's 'Friday' - do you know it?
"Yeah, I know the song! I think it's incredible how it [grew]. It's really crazy. I've been hearing it everywhere and I just want to congratulate Rebecca for that."

What have you enjoyed most about your time on the Glee set?
"Getting to know all of them, the cast, because I'm a Gleek! When I found out that I was going to be part of it I got really excited, and when I met them they made me feel really comfortable. It's really amazing to watch them - they're very playful and it's amazing to get to know them, so it's fun when I'm having time to bond with them."

Were you nervous about meeting the cast?
"I was very nervous, especially when I was on the set for the first time - I was shaking! It was nerve-wracking because I was like, 'Oh my gosh, are they going to like me?' But when I was on the set they were all sweet and it was very nice of them. Naya Rivera, she's like my favourite. She's a very sweet girl... She was just like, 'I saw you on Oprah'. I was really surprised. She was like, 'I know you play guitar' and I'm like, 'What?' It's impressive because I know that she's very busy, but she still did her research."

Jane Lynch is so tall - how do you feel standing next to her?
"Oh my gosh, that is a funny question! I feel like I'm a 6-year-old kid, because she's really tall. But I love Jane - she's really nice and she's really sweet... When I was on the set for the first time she was the first one who really talked to me and we got close. She's really sweet."

What have been your most memorable moments on the show?
"I think being on Glee's such a great experience, but I think the best part was when I did 'All By Myself', because I love that song. When they gave me that song, I was like, 'This is perfect'. When I was on stage I was really feeling it, so I think that was it."

Will you be involved with the Glee tour at all?
"If they're going to let me be part of it it would be really exciting and I'd be really happy, but right now I'm having fun shooting Glee for them."

Are you doing more episodes after this one?
"Definitely, yeah, but I just don't know how many more episodes. But I'm really excited to do more."
source: digitalspy.co.uk

1 commenti:

howard said...

Charice is a talented singer but the way her and her fans have attacked my friend Bianca Ryan (1st winner of America's Got Talent)I could care less about her

Post a Comment

Thanks for watching!

credits: tumblr
 
GLEE Fans © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top