Steve Jobs In Memoriam: 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Recalls Dancing In First iPod Commercial

Harry Shum Jr.Hollywood continues to mourn the loss of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, who died at the age of 56 after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. It's hard to imagine anyone who wasn't touched by one of the icon's innovations: from the category-changing iPod to the Pixar films we just can't help watching over and over again. But a surprising celebrity testament from "Glee" star Harry Shum Jr. especially touched our hearts.

Before he was a singing-and-dancing glee clubber, Harry was part of Apple's memorable iPod silhouette commercials, an experience he credits with boosting his career (and sparking an undying love of all things Apple). Here's his story:

"I was asked to do a test commercial shoot for an Apple product which didn’t mean much to me at the time," he wrote on his Tumblr. "Some music player that holds all your songs. Sounded cool to me and I never gave up an opportunity to work especially with the possibility of it turning into a national commercial. Coolest job I did in that time. Just for the fact that I was chosen for my dancing and just my dancing alone. It was a silhouette of me so looks and race didn’t play into it unlike most of the jobs I would audition for. That job is where I essentially got comfortable freestyling in front of people let alone an intimidating 70 pound camera. I would do hundreds of takes with scrapes and bruises on my knees forming by the minute. Even then I always had the energy to go 'one more time' because I just felt that I was part of something innovative."

Harry went on to talk about his one and only meeting with Steve, which he described as star-struck. "I was speaking at 100 mphs and not sure if I was making coherent sentences," he wrote.

Many of Harry's "Glee" costars also took to social media to pay their respects.

"Wow iSad. RIP Steve Jobs, what an amazing innovator and no doubt one of our generation's greatest thinkers," Amber Riley tweeted.

"Somebody please get Steve a charger right now! He will be missed terribly. Thank you, Mr. Jobs, for making our world INFINITELY cooler," Darren Criss wrote.

"Amazing how one man can change the world and lead us into the future. #stevejobs #legend," Kevin McHale added.

We couldn't agree more.
source: hollywoodcrush.mtv.com

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Thanks for watching!

credits: tumblr
 
GLEE Fans © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top