New Jenna's Interview + Photoshoot with Seventeen!

 
This just in: Our Team Seventeen captain, Jenna Ushkowitz, is joining up with Wall Flower Jeans to launch her own back-to-school denim line! We had the chance to chat with this actress turned fashionista about her new clothing line and her upcoming book, and, even get some secrets from the set of Glee! 

Tell us about your partnership with Wall Flower!
I would say that there's something for everyone, I love the sassy skinnies, that's what I usually wear. It's very comfy. I always like to rewear clothes and this line is perfect for reusing.

What's the worst denim trend you've ever tried?
Well, I thought it was really cool at the time, but wide-legged bell-bottoms, with like sneakers, gym shoes even.

What would be your go-to style for back-to-school?
I would probably go for a skinny jean with a boot, and a tank, and a jacket. For this fall, I love a pop of neon. I just bought a neon blue pair of jeans, which I love. My style overall is whatever is comfy, whatever I feel like wearing that day that I feel good in. I have some really classic pieces that I can dress up, dress down, wear to the movies or wear to a really nice dinner. And, I love a really good leather jacket!

How do you shop for your body type?
I definitely have hips, and I'm shorter, so I like to make my legs look longer. I'll wear shorts or pants that elongate my legs. I'm not a tiny, skinny toothpick. I definitely like to show off my waist and my butt!

How many pairs of jeans do you own?
A lot. Okay, I have 12, and I wear about 2 of them. That's why I definitely like buying things that you can wear over again. If I find a good pair of jeans, I'll buy two, and get them hemmed to my height, and then I'll end up wearing those two for everything.

You have a new book coming out! Can you tell us about it?
Yes, it's called Choosing Glee. It's sort of an inspirational book about the power of positive thinking, and life based off of my experience, and where I come from. It's sort of a scrapbook, so you get to see ticket stubs and pictures of when I was younger and performing.

Let's talk about Glee! Are you expecting your role to expand now that Rachel graduated?
I think Tina will take a leadership role in the Glee Club. She's been in the group for so long, and she has all these newbies to teach. We are definitely going to follow the graduated characters in their post-Glee Club lives. Everybody has pretty much confirmed that they are coming back, so we didn't really lose anybody with graduation.

Has working on a show that brings up important issues (like body image and teen drinking) influenced your life off-set?
Absolutely. We learn everyday from the show. Now, that we're not in high school, we want to bring awareness to what goes on in high school and help teens learn. Wall Flower is actually pairing up with a charity called "Stomp the Bullying," which goes along with what Glee stands for.

source: Seventeen

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Thanks for watching!

credits: tumblr
 
GLEE Fans © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top