Amber Riley Tuning Up For 'Cotton Club Parade'!


Amber Riley already feels at home in the Big Apple. Which might explain why she feels so relaxed as she gets closer and closer to her big New York stage debut in the off-Broadway show, "Cotton Club Parade."


"I'm like an honorary New Yorker," she told MTV News. "Like, I’ve been to New York so much and there’s like places that I like to go to, but I’m actually a homebody. I like to sit in my hotel and watch movies and order room service."

That sort of zen approach has also seeped into her summer vacation as she continues to unwind before not only beginning work on the next season of "Glee," but also preparing for her November run.


"This is my New York stage debut, and it’s like an ode to Duke Ellington and that era of music,” she explained. “I always say I was born in the wrong era. I should have been right along with Lena Horne and Ethel Waters and all those singers, 'cause I love that type of music. So this is definitely a different venture, a different area of entertainment for me...so I’m really excited."

She added, "I’m not [prepping] right now. I’m still on vacation, but I’m gonna start the rehearsals very soon. I want everyone to go out and see it. It’s gonna be something I’m really gonna work hard [on]. I love Broadway and I love theater in New York. It’s like pizza in New York. It just goes hand in hand."

Will you be buying tickets for Amber's New York stage debut? Sound off in the comments and on Twitter!

source

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Thanks for watching!

credits: tumblr
 
GLEE Fans © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top