Dean Geyer on Joining the Cast of Glee!

(click on pictures for bigger)


The 26-year-old Australian singer plays Rachel Berry's new love interest.

How did you break into the industry?
“I got started singing when I was sixteen, and I began taking it seriously when I got out school and I joined a band. A couple of years after that, in 2006, one of my band-mates said that I should audition for Australian Idol. So I did! I’ve been in L.A. for about two and a half years.”

Were you a fan of Glee before you were cast?
“Yes, I was a fan of Glee. I actually haven’t watched the third season though—I’ve got it coming on Netflix at the moment—but I’m a big fan of the second season. Being an actor and a musician, you have a lot of respect for the people on the show. For me, this role seems like it was one of the most sought after this year. You’re never sure which pilots are going to go to air, so to score a role on a show that’s had such a successful few seasons is incredible for me.”

What song did you sing at your audition?
“I sang ‘Cry Me A River’ by Justin Timberlake, ‘One Song Glory’ from the musical Rent, and a Josh Groban song.”

Can you tell us about your character, Brody Weston?
“He’s a junior at NYADA, he’s very Western, and he’s similar to Rachel in that he comes from a fairly humble background and a small town. He’s always been musically talented, just like Rachel, and moving to New York for him was a chance to change who he was and morph into the confident, charming guy that he is now.”

Fans are already upset because he’s rumored to come between Rachel and Finn.
“At the moment, he’s definitely stepping over the line and coming between them, but we know that on Glee, anything can happen. In the first couple of episodes, he takes a liking to Rachel. You never know if she’s going to reciprocate the feelings or things are going to change. It’s not a hundred percent that it’s going to become Brochel, as people have been calling it!”

Which character on Glee do you personally relate to the most?
“Finn. I was a huge sports fanatic when I was in high school. I was one of the jocks and I played every sport that you could. At the same time, I was finding my feet musically and trying to discover where I wanted to go, and that’s where he was.”

Your character’s storyline is tied to New York. Is there a Glee actor you’re itching to film alongside?
“I’ve filmed with Chris Colfer, Lea Michele, and Kate Hudson, and I’d love to act opposite Jane Lynch [Sue Sylvester]. She’s so funny!”

What can you tell us about Kate Hudson’s character?
“My character has gone through Cassandra July’s class and understands exactly who she is, which means he can give Rachel tips on how to get through it without being kicked out or shouted at.”

If you could perform any song on the show, what would you choose?
“I’d love to do an Ed Sheeran song. He’s got this song called ‘Lego House.’ I don’t know if it’d fit with my character, but it’s just such a beautiful track.”
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
source: TeenVogue.com

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Thanks for watching!

credits: tumblr
 
GLEE Fans © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top