Dean Geyer says acting lessons are a must!


Glee's newest star Dean Geyer admits he should start taking acting classes or enrol in drama school if he wants to take his US television career to another level.

The South-African born Australian has progressed from the humble beginnings as an Australian Idol contestant six years ago to winning a role on a hit teen musical show in America.

The big break was not a fluke though.

Geyer landed the role at his fourth attempt at pilot season auditions in the US earlier this year.

He plays the recurring role of Brody Weston, the love interest for Rachel Berry (Lea Michele) in the Emmy award-winning series.

The 26-year-old's acting career started on the long running Network Ten soapie Neighbours after his third placing behind Damien Leith on Australian Idol in 2006.

Since then he has basically swapped his obsession with music for acting.

Geyer said acting lessons may soon be a necessity if he wants to break into feature films on the back of appearing in Glee.

"I am so lazy, the most I have ever done is a couple of private acting lessons for my first and second pilot seasons," Geyer told AAP with a chuckle.

"I promise you I will enter an acting class, I need to take my art seriously.

"Some people have been coming out here for eight years and still haven't got their big break and I feel very grateful.

"To be able to take it to the next level, I do need to lift my game as there are some very talented people out there... and a movie career is very appealing to me."

LA-based Geyer said when he was originally cast on Neighbours he was unsure acting was really for him, but that soon changed and he has not played a gig or been in a recording studio for at least three years.

His contract with Glee is pretty much at the mercy of those behind the hit show, but so far so good.

He said there's even the possibility of graduating from a recurring character to a regular cast member.

"I was actually hesitant about going into the acting world but once I started on Neighbours, I realised how much I loved acting and how much harder the music world was.

"It seems like my storyline is going in the direction of being one of the regular characters (on Glee).

"Now it just seems acting has taken the reins and literally I have not been in the studio and have not played a gig for three years."

Geyer, who moved to Australia when he was 15 and has Australian citizenship, not only made his mark on Idol and Neighbours but he was also part of the celebrity scene in Australia after he got engaged to Lisa Origliasso of The Veronicas.

Their union was called off because of work commitments but he says the pair still remain in contact.

"I spoke to her the other day and they are releasing their new album and single and they are doing some great things," Geyer said.

Glee airs October 24 on Ten.

source: The West Australian

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Thanks for watching!

credits: tumblr
 
GLEE Fans © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top