John Stamos meant to be original Dr. Frank-N-Furter in 'Rocky Horror'

As entertaining as it seems to have Amber Riley's Mercedes take on the role of Dr. Frank-N-Furter in the upcoming "Glee" adaptation of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," it wasn't part of Ryan Murphy's original plan.

What happened? In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, John Stamos announces that he was actually attached to the part at first before getting switched over to play Eddie in the project:

“I was supposed to be doing ‘Sweet Transvestite,’ but I think the network saw the script and was like, ‘Stamos in fish nets? It’s too soon!’ So they switched it up. I was bummed, because I wanted to play that part.”

Stamos is also set to make his musical debut on the show singing "Hot Patootie -- Bless My Soul," and he explains that trying to rehearse that song actually involved a decent amount of physical pain:

“I had to slide across on my knees like 25 times. It’s a good first song for me to do on Glee, because it’s with all the kids, and we’re up, we’re dancing.”

Do you think Stamos would have made a thoroughly entertaining Frank-N-Furter, and what do you think of Fox switching up the part to eliminate possible controversy?


source

Stamos singing "Sweet Transvestite":

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Thanks for watching!

credits: tumblr
 
GLEE Fans © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top