Cory Monteith talks about his character Finn Hudson

Gosh, we've missed Glee. But never fear - Sue Sylvester's tracksuits and those amazing musical numbers are on the way back for a second season. To celebrate, Digital Spy caught up with the lovely Cory Monteith, who plays Finn, to chat about the success of the show, those Lea Michele diva rumours and his hopes for the second season.

Were you surprised about the success of Glee?
"I'm a big fan of Glee. I think it's really smart. And I think it's well-timed. But you can't not be surprised at the reception this show's received. It's really something else."

You've had the show, CDs, a tour - are you ever worried that it's a bit too much?
"Over-saturation? I don't know, I don't think so. I think that the public want a lot, you know? You look at things like the Jonas Brothers and you look at things like Miley Cyrus and you look at things like Twilight and there isn't enough. There isn't such a thing as too much as far as a television show like this. I'm waiting for the inevitable backlash! That's what I'm waiting for. I'm waiting for the haters. That sounds fun, having to deal with bad press."

Obviously you have to spend a lot of time with the rest of the cast - do you get on well?
"Absolutely. I mean, truly, we really do get along. It's like a family, because we spend every waking moment together. I will see them. People are like, 'Have you seen your castmates on your break?' and I'm like, 'Well, no, I have been legitimately busy'. But I wouldn't go out of my way because I'm going to see them every freaking second of every day when I see them! We get along - it's fortunate we all get along."

What do you make of the rumours that Lea Michele is a diva on set?
"I don't know. I wasn't at any of those things where she was rumoured to be a diva. I can't really say. But knowing her personally, that's not how she is."

My favourite scene in the first season was the one in 'Theatricality' with Finn, Kurt and Kurt's dad. How was that for you?
"That's one of my favourites also. To work with the guys who are such great actors - it's like acting school for me. But at the same time, I've always questioned the storyline, I've always questioned what Finn's said and the ignorance of what he said. And also understanding his position. I mean, I always question the storylines. But to actually be in that part and to be in that role, it was freaking awesome. I had such a great time."

Finn can be lovely but he's got quite a nasty side at times, hasn't he? Is that interesting for you to play?
"Yeah, he can get quite upset. I'd love to play a lot more of the darker side of that character. And I think when he's pushed into a corner, he can react quite strongly, like anyone. You know, in the scenes with Puck in the first half of the first season and then later on with Kurt and his dad and stuff like that. That's the most interesting stuff for me. Would I like more of the emotional side? Yes, absolutely."

But do you enjoy the humorous side of Finn as well?
"It's great. He's a funny guy, you know? And there's a certain kind of aloof innocent humour that he has. It's a lot of fun."

Finn and Rachel looked happy at the end of the season. What do you think the future holds for them?
"Didn't they? It looks good, for the next little while anyway. It looks promising for them."

Do you think it's going to be that easy?
"No. Of course it won't!"

Do you want another love interest?
"I don't know. I want whatever's best in the name of storylines for the show, what keeps it fresh and also what people want to see. That's what I'm for. Personally, in my opinion, the more acting I get to do the better."

Glee has had some amazing guest stars. Who was your favourite in the first season?
"It's hard to pick a favourite. They've all been lovely - truly, they really have. They've been great. Kristin Chenoweth is one of the most talented people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. She really is one of the sweetest, kindest, most genuine people and the more she's on our show the better, I think."

And what was your favourite song from the first season?
"I still say 'Somebody To Love'. Early on in season one. I don't know - there's something about that song. It was very representative of the journey that we were on, going from making the show to releasing it. That song means a lot to me. It was really hard to sing, too - at a time when I was really trying to figure out how to sing for the show and it was really all still quite hard at that time."

You hadn't really sung before Glee, had you?
"Not at all, no. I was still figuring it all out and that was a hard song. I mean, it's Freddie Mercury!"

Some of the cast members said that after season one they felt like they'd been on a journey as well as their characters. Is that how you feel?
"100%. I mean, from never thinking I would sing and dance doing anything to singing and dancing in front of millions of people... live as well, in front of thousands, on these concert tours. And now we're talking about world tours. I mean, sold-out stadiums. That's a little weird, and that's an understatement."

There were rumours of a Glee movie at one point - is that something you'd like to do?
"I'll do anything this show will have me do, truly. I'm in fantastic hands creatively, working with [executive producer] Ryan Murphy and all of my cast members, and that's not hyperbole, that's true. They're really awesome at writing the show and everybody's good at being their characters. Whatever - I'll do movies, I'll do as many seasons as they'll have me."

What was it like getting an order for a third season so early?
"We hadn't even started season two! That's 44 episodes of television that I'm more than likely going to be in. I mean, it's great to plan where you're going to live for the next couple of years! At the same time, one of the reasons I got into TV or got into acting was because it's so fly-by-night. You never knew what's going to happen - you get the job or you don't get the job. This is all really planned out all of a sudden. I know I'm going to be in LA for the next two years. It's great but it's so overwhelmingly great because it's like, three seasons now? We just finished one. The music and the CDs and the records - it's crazy."

The second season of Glee begins in the UK on Monday at 9pm on E4.


0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Thanks for watching!

credits: tumblr
 
GLEE Fans © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top