'Glee' premiere hits the right notes

What: The world premiere of Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Where: The Village Theater, Los Angeles
When: Saturday
Guest list: Lea Michele, Darren Criss, Dianna Agron, Amber Riley, Corey Monteith, Heather Morris, Ryan Murphy, Kathy Griffin

Glee Nation assembles: Gleeks turned out in force, some camping out the night before to ensure a good spot to watch the red carpet. By premiere time, the packed grandstands around the arena were rocking with 500 rowdy fans, many dressed as their favorite characters and all seeming to know every word to every Glee song piped over the speakers.
Creator Murphy said he was "humbled" by the display, while star Riley was almost knocked off her four-inch Sam Edelman heels. "The fans are so excited, I want to join them but I have to stay composed in these shoes," she said. "I'm not going to topple over. But I just can't jump up and down yet like they can."


Fashion stakes: The high school cast brought out the fashion A-game for the big night. "I'm seeing divine fabulousness, Glee style, out here," said red carpet maven Griffin. But Michele may have pushed the game to a different level in a Marchesa gown that showed off musical note tattoos on her shoulder. It was especially impressive considering she was a mere fashion mortal at a news conference hours before.
"I had the dress, I threw my hair back and changed my makeup," she said, laughing. "That was the day look. This is the nighttime look."

Mouthful of fashion: Agron's stunning red-carpet ensemble caused jaws to drop. The outfit also caused her some mouth troubles when it came to pronunciation.
"It's a Christian Cota dress, Salvatore Ferragamo shoes and Cathy Waterman jewels," Agron said. "That's quite a mouthful. I had to practice that," she said.

Magical moment: Agron became nostalgic thinking of how far she has come in her career. "I remember when I first moved to L.A., I used to drive by this theater and see all of this happening and think, 'Perhaps one day I will experience this,'" Agron said, taking it all in. "And here I am. It's magical."

Brit respect: Morris, whose Glee character is a walking tribute to Britney Spears, said she gained even more respect for Spears during the concert tour when she performed Slave 4U every night. Singing during the rigorous dance routine was "really hard."
"That's my voice," she insisted, when asked how much was lip-syncing. "But they had Auto-Tune. So I hope that helps."
Morris just wrapped a voice part in the upcoming Ice Age movie. There will certainly not be any Spears-esque revealing outfits in this one. "I play a mammoth," she said. "It's going to be so fun. I'm stoked."

Criss-crossed dreams: It wasn't long ago that Criss was the geeky kid in the fan-made Internet hit A Very Potter Musical. On Saturday, Criss worked his way down the carpet, the object of fans' attention. Even he has trouble comprehending. "It is very strange," he said. "I feel like there's been a terrible mistake. Like someone screwed up."
Making it more surreal, a pint-sized toddler Criss imitator worked the red carpet in his mini-Warbler outfit. The Internet star also makes a dead-on Criss tribute cameo in the movie. "He's adorable," said Criss. "You'd have to have a heart of charcoal not to melt at that kid."

No bull tonight: Max Adler might play a bully on Glee, but at the premiere, he was an unassuming, nice guy, pleased that the crazed crowd loved him like a Gleek. "It was such a warm reception," he said, beaming. "The fans can see past the character I play."
Then the dark side kicked in. "Now I am going to throw some drinks in people's faces and shove people against the wall. Cause some trouble," he said, with a sly smile.

'Glee' disabled list: Dot Jones, Glee's tough football coach, brought the most interesting accessory to the red carpet — crutches. The star fractured her foot walking out of her house Friday night. She was having enough trouble working her way down the red carpet ("I don't want to miss the beginning," she murmured at one point, the last actor to enter the theater). But the fact that Glee begins shooting on Monday was an even bigger problem. She hadn't even told creator Murphy, who had walked the carpet only minutes before. "Fortunately, my first scenes from the first episode are seated," she said. "I am eating lunch at the cafeteria … But I think they can write some changes into my character.Like I was at the world's strongest woman's contest and a Jeep fell on my foot. There. Done."

source: usatoday.com

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Thanks for watching!

credits: tumblr
 
GLEE Fans © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top